- Programs & Services
- Resources & Publications
- Grants & Awards
- CRLT Players
For Graduate Students & Postdoctoral Scholars
CRLT offers programs and services designed to support graduate students and postdocs in all stages of their teaching careers from training for their first teaching experiences through preparation for the academic job market. CRLT's services are generally open to all graduate students and postdocs, whether or not they are teaching. For information about other programs on campus to support graduate students in all aspects of their work, visit the Rackham Graduate School website for current students.
These are some of our programs that are especially useful for beginning GSIs, though many of them will be helpful throughout your graduate career.
- Campus-wide GSI Teaching Orientation
- Engineering Orientation
- ELI/CRLT Courses
- GSI Guidebook
- GSI Guidebook for Teaching Labs
- Certificate programs:
- Web Resources for GSIs
CRLT offers a regular schedule of workshops on various topics. See our events listings for upcoming offerings.
Preparing Future Faculty (PFF) Programs
- Preparing Future Faculty Seminar (graduate students only)
- Preparing Future Faculty Web Resources
- Postdoctoral Short-Course on College Teaching in Science and Engineering (postdoctoral scholars only)
- What's It Like... Panels
- Certificate programs (graduate students only):
CRLT provides individual, confidential consultations to U-M instructors on a range of topics related to teaching and learning. See our consultations menu for the range of options or to schedule a consultation.
CRLT employs experienced GSIs to consult with graduate student instructors across campus about their teaching. Learn more at the links below.
- Consultations on Department GSI Training
- Departmental GSI Development: A Handbook for Faculty and GSMs who Work with GSIs
- Workshops for GSMs and Faculty Coordinators of GSI Training