- Programs & Services
- Resources & Publications
- Grants & Awards
- CRLT Players
Seminar Room Design
Seating 20-25, these rooms are oriented to group work, class discussion and other collaborative learning projects.
|Furnishings||Lectern||Screen & Blackboard|
|Instructional Media||Noise Reduction|
- Tables and chairs should be moveable to allow for various classroom configurations (Allen, et al., 1996).
- Overhead projectors and computer projectors should be on moveable carts (Allen et al., 1996; Cornell University, 1998).
- Lectern should be moveable (Cornell University, 1998).
- A portable floor or table–top lectern should be used (Allen, et al., 1996).
- Carpeting, drapes and upholstered furnishing should be considered (Allen et al., 1996; Burnett et al., 2003).
- The projection screen and blackboard should be positioned for simultaneous use (Burnett et al., 2003.