- Programs & Services
- Resources & Publications
- Grants & Awards
- CRLT Players
Cooperative Learning: Engineering
- Carlson, L.E., & Sullivan, J.F. (1999). Hands-on engineering: Learning by doing in the Integrated Teaching and Learning Program International. Journal of Engineering Education, 15(1), 20-31
- Dietrich, S.W. (n.d.). Getting started with cooperative learning in the engineering classroom.
- Catalano, G.D., & Catalano, K.C. 1997) Transformation from teacher-centered to student-centered engineering education. Proceedings the 1997 Frontiers in Engineering Education Conference, ASEE/IEEE, November 1997.
- Felder, R.M. (1995 Cooperative learning in a sequence of engineering courses: A success story. Cooperative Learning and College Teaching, 5(2), 10-13.
- Felder, R.M., & Brent, R. (1994). Cooperative learning in technical courses: Procedures, pitfalls, and payoffs. (ERIC Document Reproduction Service ED 377038)
- Jackson, D., Davis, J., & Licklider, B. (1998). Ten myths of cooperative learning in engineering education. Proceedings of the IEEE Frontiers in Education Meeting, Tempe, Arizona, November 4-7, 1998
- Johnson, D.W., Johnson, R.T., & Smith, K.A. (1998) Maximizing instruction through cooperative learning. ASEE Prism, 8(2), 24-28. Article is available through UM Library.
- Smith, K.A. (1995). Cooperative learning: Effective teamwork for engineering classrooms. Proceedings of the 1995 25th Annual Conference on Frontiers in Education, Atlanta, Georgia, November 1-4, 1995.
- Smith, K.A. (2000). Strategies for developing engineering student's teamwork and project management skills. Proceedings the 2000 Frontiers in Engineering Education Conference, ASEE, November 2000 (requires U-M authentication).
- Smith, K.A., Sheppard, S.D., Johnson, D.W., & Johnson, R.T. (2005). Pedagogies of engagement: Classroom-based practices. Journal of Engineering Education, 94(1), 87-101.
- Wankat, P.C. (2002). Problem-oriented learning. In The Effective, Efficient Professor (pp. 93-122). Boston: Allyn and Bacon (Availble at UM Library).
- Wankat, P.C., & Oreovicz, F.S. (n.d.). Nontechnological Alternatives to Lecture. In Teaching Engineering (pp. 114-142).
Prepared by the Center for Research on Learning and Teaching
University of Michigan