- Programs & Services
- Resources & Publications
- Grants & Awards
- CRLT Players
GSI Teaching Orientation: Registration Now Open
Registration is now open for CRLT's winter-term Graduate Student Instructor Teaching Orientation, a.k.a. GSITO. This year, GSITO will be held on Tuesday, January 8, from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Michigan League.
Consider registering for GSITO if you're seeking opportunities to:
- make connections with other GSIs,
- gather ideas to catalyze your own development as a teacher,
- allay some of the common concerns about the first days of teaching,
- practice some teaching techniques before you step into your own classroom, and/or
- learn about additional CRLT resources for GSIs.
All graduate students are welcome to attend, whether they will teach for the first time in Winter 2013, have taught before, or simply hope to teach in the future. Some departments require that new GSIs attend GSITO -- check with the GSI Coordinator in your department to see if this is the case for you. Participation in GSITO also fulfills one of the requirements for the Graduate Teacher Certificate.
Click here to register.