- Programs & Services
- Resources & Publications
- Grants & Awards
- CRLT Players
Departmental GSI Development: A Handbook for Faculty and GSMs who Work with GSIs
Edited by Mary Wright and Matt Kaplan
Adapted from Gach, M., Black, B., Kaplan, M., Kardia, D., Saunders, S.,
& Williams, G. (1998). Handbook on Departmental GSI Development.
CRLT, University of Michigan.
The CRLT Handbook is a resource for working with GSIs at various stages. This book includes steps for planning and evaluating a GSI program, sample workshop and orientation agendas, detailed information about the evaluation of GSIs, and a bibliography of teaching resources.
All link to .pdf documents:
- Table of Contents and List of Figures
- Chapter 1 - Guidelines for a Departmental GSI Development Program
- Chapter 2 - Training for New GSIs: Programs, Orientations and Courses
- Chapter 3 - Sample Workshops for New GSIs
- Chapter 4 - Ongoing GSI Development
- Chapter 5 - Creating Inclusive College Classrooms
Chapter 6 - Working with GSIs from Diverse Educational
and Linguistic Backgrounds
Chapter 7 - Obtaining and Giving Feedback to GSIs
for Instructional Improvement and Evaluation